NATIONAL COALITION FOR LGBT HEALTH
The Coalition is committed to improving the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals through federal and local advocacy, education, and research. The Coalition strives to address the entire LGBT community, including individuals of every sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, and age regardless of disability, income, education, and geography. The Coalition is an initiative of HealthHIV, a national nonprofit focused on health equity.
VISION AND VALUES
The Coalition’s vision:
- Change public and private sector policies, laws, and regulations regarding LGBT health and related issues;
- Increase resources to expand culturally competent health and social services delivery to a diverse and inclusive LGBT population; and
- Build and disseminate knowledge regarding LGBT population’s health status, access to and utilization of health care and other health-related information.
The Coalition values:
- Eliminating health disparities that occur based on sexual orientation, gender identity and presentation, gender, race/ethnicity, education or income, disability, nationality, geographic location and age; and
- Deriving its power and legitimacy from its membership and is committed to working on partnerships and in consultation with its members in carrying out its work.
|Jared Eng||LGBT Health Associatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Elaina Perry||Education Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Circe J. Gray Le Compte||Communications & Technology Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brian Hujdich||Executive Directoremail@example.com|
|Chris Rothermel||Director of Operationsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Shankle||Director of Advocacy and Educationemail@example.com|